Anonymous said: What's a secret way either from food or how you workout to burn extra calories? Any cool stuff you've learned since starting that you can share?
ooohh good question! I’ve definitely learned some tricks along the way that I would be happy to share ;D
- drink water as soon as you wake up in the morning and have breakfast within 1 hour
- make your food spicy as it helps speed up your metabolism.Take your pick: Jalapenos, chili, cayenne, habanero, etc.. they all contain capsaicin, which is why you get a burning sensation in your mouth when you eat them. This same effect is created internally, causing a calorie burn for about 30 minutes afterward. I recently just started adding little pieces of jalapenos to my salad/chicken and veggies and I feel my stomach start reacting in minutes.
- have more calcium as some say lacking that hormone causes the body to hold onto fat so choose low-fat dairy, cheese, yogurt, salmon, tofu, and oatmeal for a daily snack.
- limit your alcohol as it slows your metabolism (stinks I know but it will be worth it in the end). I rarely go out anymore ;(
- Snack constantly to keep your metabolism at its max. Snacking does not have to be a bad thing. If your stomach is growling, it means that you need more fuel. Choose high-fiber, high-protein snacks like low-fat cheese, fiber crackers, fruits, veggies, or Greek yogurt. Starving your body will sabotage all of & your dieting efforts.
- Get all over your vitamin B, which you can do by incorporating small amounts of nuts, seeds, lean chicken, beef, and fish into your diet, helps maintain a healthy metabolism.
- Weight train at least 2x a week with some interval training
- Green tea but everyone know’s that right?
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup as it can make the body insulin-resistant. Also, when given the choice, the body stores fructose as fat before it does glucose.